Rules for the WELSHfest Baking with Honey Contest
1. Once Honey Cake has been accepted into the competition by the Steward, it is the responsibility of WELSHfest 2016 to protect the entries from being handled or tampered with in any way.
2. After submitting entries to the Steward, competitors may not enter the area where the entries have been placed.
3. The Steward or Judges are the only persons who may enter the honey judging area.
All entries must be submitted by 11:00am with winners being announced by 1:00pm
All entries must be produced by the contestant within the last calendar year.
Baking With Honey:
1. One plain honey cake per entrant
2. Entrants must use recipe listed below to assure uniformity in entries.
3. Must be submitted on a white paper plate, sealed in a plastic zip top bag.
4. Do not label products in any way.
Plain Honey Cake Recipe
2 cups self-rising flour
8 oz honey by weight
9 ½ Tablespoons butter
Pinch of salt
Cream together butter and honey.
Beat eggs well
Add alternately with sifted flour and salt to the honey/butter mixture.
If needed add a little milk.
Bake in a greased 8 inch round cake pan at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.